The Gerald Przybylski website will evolve with the projects that
General Engineering Pages
- Since the fall of 2007... general electrical engineering
- Circuit Design and simulation for analog front-end subsystems
- Prototype Printed Circuit board design and layout for photomultiplier tube bases
- Prototyping of LED pulser using a derivative of the Kapustinsky regenerative BJT pulser design
- Design of multi-port pulser control subsystem for photomultiplier testing.
- In January 1997, took two digital optical modules developed by
the Jet Propulsion Lab to the south pole, did final checks, and
participated in the deployment.
Unfortunately not much postable material survived... Successes,
however, inspired the construction and deployment of a whole string of
DOMs, AMANDA string 18
- LED Calibration flashers
- Digital Optical Modules for AMANDA string 18
- Two different layouts of a light emitting diode light pulser for
The first style of flasher, for Keven Lesko, is a permanently installed
part of the calibration system.
The second style of flasher,
for Herb Steiner, is to be deployed at the end of a source rod dipped
into the middle of the detector working fluid.
- An prototype layout for the NESTOR 'floor board', and a revised
layout for the NESTOR 'floor board'
The IceCube Working Group at LBNL
currently consists of:
- Collaborated with Larry Doolittle, and Jozsef Ludvig on testing,
and perhaps, a future layout revision of the "IP-Board" for the SNS
David R. Nygren,
Robert G. Stokstad **
Azriel Goldschmidt **
John E. Jacobsen **
Jodi Lamoureux **
Chuck McParland **
Howard Mattis **
In the past, significant contributions were made by Jozsef Ludvig.
** Other members of the group who have been to the pole as well...
The View from Our Workplace (some
pretty big jpg files)